Employers are required to:
- Provide a Summary Plan Description (SPD) for each health and welfare benefit plan offered or an SPD Wrap creating an overall SPD for all benefits wrapped in one document with required ERISA language. Note: The Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) issued by providers does not meet SPD requirements, and small employers are not exempt.
- Provide required annual notices such as Medicare Part D, WHCRA, NMHPA, HIPAA, CHIP, Mental Health Parity Act, and more depending on company size and other criteria.
- Provide triggering event notices like COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA Breach, and Medical Child Support Order Notice.
- Comply with healthcare reform changes and deadlines associated with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Comply with the many federal and state laws governing employee rights like FLSA, FMLA, ADA, OSHA, IRCA, EPA, ERISA, USERRA, PPACA, Title VII Civil Rights Act, PDA, GINA, and more.