Featured: ERISA eSolutions
The premier package of them all!
ERISA Solutions has a new Product - ERISA eSolutions!
Introducing our 100% web-based solution for those who love convenience and savings.
ERISA eSolutions is a web-based compliance tool that makes your job easier to manage by using an online reporting system that streamlines and prioritizes HR tasks. Using this system, actually saves costs and time associated with HR functions.
Included in the ERISA eSolutions Package
Compliance Assessment & Dashboard
The compliance assessment and dashboard feature helps employers determine their overall risk assessment and supplies a list of missing compliance items. The reminder system and dashboard will help to make sure you don’t forget an important piece of information. Brokers are welcome to use this for preliminary meeting with potential clients.
Summary of Material Modification (SMM)
29 CFR § 2520.104b-3 – Summary of material modifications to the plan and changes in the information required to be included in the summary plan description. Now you can easily communicate benefit changes.
125 Premium Only Plan (POP)
Create, store and edit documents in our web-based document center. Clients and insurance brokers can have customized access to all documentation.
Generate customized all-in-one annual employee notices such as Medicare Part D, CHIP, WHCRA, HIPAA, Initial COBRA, Health Exchange, etc.
Receive HIPAA policies, compliance checklist, requirements training, forms, and documents to be HIPAA compliant.
Employment Law Updates & Reminders
Stay informed of federal and state employment law changes, due to date reminders, and needed employer actions.
Health Exchange Notice
Our Web-based system automatically creates and emails this notice for distribution.
There is no time like the present. Find pricing information by clicking below.
ERISA Requirements and Audits
Employers are Required to:
- Provide a Summary Plan Description (SPD) for each health and welfare benefit plan offered or an SPD Wrap creating an overall SPD for all benefits wrapped in one document with required ERISA language. Note: The Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) issued by providers do not meet SPD requirements, and small employers are not exempt.
- Provide required annual notices such as: Medicare Part D, WHCRA, NMHPA, HIPAA, CHIP, Mental Health Parity Act, and more depending on company size and other criteria.
- Provide triggering event notices like COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA Breach, and Medical Child Support Order Notice.
- Comply with healthcare reform changes and deadlines associated with Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Comply with the many federal and state laws governing employee rights like: FLSA, FMLA, ADA, OSHA, IRCA, EPA, ERISA, USERRA, PPACA, Title VII Civil Rights Act, PDA, GINA and more.
Enforcement and Audits:
- Enforcement and audits from the DOL, IRS and EEOC have significantly increased, with particular focus being placed on smaller organizations (< 100). Enforcers are aggressively seeking compliance and fines to fund PPACA and deficit.
- The DOL’s Employee Benefits Services Administration (EBSA) routinely conducts group health benefit plan ERISA audits.
- The Health Benefits Security Project (HBSP) was created under PPACA for additional focus on health plan compliance and on civil and criminal investigations.
- The DOL estimates three out of four plans audited have an ERISA violation, and 70 percent of audit violations result in monetary fines to the employer.